Find Your Next Luxury Sedan by Comparing Acura ILX vs. TLX
- 2019 Acura ILX Standard: $25,900*
- 2019 Acura TLX Standard: $33,000*
- 2019 Acura ILX with Technology Plus and A-Spec Packages: $31,550*
- 2019 Acura TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT SH-AWD with Advance Package: $45,950*
We’ve crunched the numbers and compared features to provide the overview you need to make the best decision.
Power and MPG
In terms of standard power, the 2019 Acura ILX and 2019 Acura TLX run practically neck-and-neck.
- ILX: Up to 201 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque.
- TLX: Up to 206 hp and 182 lb-ft of torque.
The Acura ILX makes up to 24 mpg in the city and 34 mpg* on the highway vs. 23 and 33* with the Acura TLX.
However, only the Acura TLX is available with a V6 engine for up to 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque. It’s also the only model of the two available with Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®).
Space and Size
|2019 Acura ILX||Category||2019 Acura TLX|
|12.4 Cubic Feet||Cargo Volume||14.3 Cubic Feet|
|89.3 Cubic Feet||Passenger Volume||93.3 Cubic Feet|
|182.2 Inches||Length||191.7 Inches|
|70.6 Inches||Width||73.0 Inches|
The Acura TLX provides more cargo and passenger space. However, the Acura ILX offers more compact exterior dimensions, so it’s great for city-based drivers.
As summed up by Cars.com, “both Acuras offer similar build quality and features availability.” Premium features come as standard, including the following driver assistance technologies:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) System
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
ILX advantages include:
- Standard GPS-Linked Climate Control.
TLX advantages include:
- Standard Satellite Radio
- Available 3-Level Ventilated Front seats
Find the Latest Acura Lineup at Your Local Acura Showroom
The team at your nearest Kansas City Acura dealer can talk through your needs and help find the perfect new luxury sedan to meet them. Simply visit today to find out more and explore current special offers.
*Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license or destination and handling charge. Destination & Handling charge is $995 for sedans and $995 for SUVs. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.
**Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.