Luxury SUV Comparison: 2019 Acura RDX vs. 2019 Acura MDX
There are plenty of options and packages to choose between when comparing Acura RDX vs. MDX, and it’s smart to start with what each model is priced at.
Here’s how standard and top-tier models break down:
- 2019 Acura RDX Standard: $37,300*
- 2019 Acura MDX Standard: $44,300*
- 2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD w/ Advance Package: $47,400*
- 2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/ Advance and Entertainment Packages: $60,050*
Of course, there’s more to take in than price alone. Read on to explore how performance, efficiency ratings, dimensions, and features compare.
Performance and Efficiency
|2019 Acura RDX||Category||2019 Acura MDX|
|276 hp||Standard Horsepower||290|
|280 lb-ft||Standard Torque||267 lb-ft|
|22||Standard City MPG||20|
|28||Standard Highway MPG||27|
These are Acura SUVs, so a strong blend of performance and efficiency is baking into the foundation. As noted by The Car Connection, the “MDX three-row SUV can match some of the RDX’s scores.”
However, keep in mind that only the Acura MDX offers a Sport Hybrid version; it adds three electric motors to boost efficiency up to 26 mpg in the city**.
Passenger and Cargo Space
2019 Acura RDX Category 2019 Acura MDX Up to 5 Passengers Up to 7 N/A Cargo Space Behind 3rd Row 15.8 Cubic Feet 31.1 Cubic Feet Cargo Space Behind 2nd Row 43.4 Cubic Feet 79.8 Cubic Feet Cargo Space Behind 1st Row 90.9 Cubic Feet
Standard and Available Features
Both models provide a wide selection of standard comfort, convenience, and safety features including:
- 2-Memory Adjustments for Driver Side Include Automatic/Delayed Locking, Automatic Headlights, Exterior Mirrors and Seat
- Power Liftgate
- Front Heated Seats
You’ll also receive the AcuraWatch suite as standard, including Adaptive Cruise Control Setting, Lane Keeping Assist, and a Collision Mitigation Braking System.
- Standard Exclusives: RDX exclusive standard features include an auto dimming interior mirror, while MDX exclusive standard features include Android Auto™ Integration.
- Available Exclusives: Available features offered solely in the RDX include 16-Way Power Seats with Power Lumbar Support, while available features offered solely by the MDX include an Acura Rear Entertainment System with 9-inch or 16.2-inch screen.
Visit Your Local Acura Showroom to Check Out These Ultra-Desirable SUVs
There’s no wrong choice when it comes to luxury SUVs, but we’re sure there’s an Acura SUV that fits your needs best, and the team at your local Kansas City dealership will be more than happy to help you find it, plus all the latest special offers.
**Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.