Which of the 2019 Acura TLX Packages is Right for You?
Before you look at Acura TLX packages, it’s worth exploring powertrain and performance features.
Acura TLX models offer soul-stirring power from one of two powertrains:
- 2.4L Inline 4-Cylinder: Comes as standard to deliver up to 206 hp and 182 lb-ft of torque. An 8-speed DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) makes up to 23 mpg in the city and 33 mpg* on the highway.
- 3.5L V6: Commands up to 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque. A 9-speed automatic transmission makes up to 20 mpg in the city and 31 mpg* on the highway.
All models come as standard with Precision All-Wheel Steer™ (P-AWS®), a first production all-wheel steer system that adjusts toe angles on the rear wheels independently for improved maneuverability, control, and stability. Available with V6 models, Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) combines the same all-weather advantages with the agility of a track-focused model.
As a luxury sedan crowned with the Acura logo, even the standard TLX delivers first-class features, including:
- Power Moonroof
- Jewel Eye® LED Headlights
- Keyless Access System
- Smart Entry
- On Demand Multi-Use Display™ (ODMD™) Touchscreen
- 7-Speaker Acura Premium Audio System
- Siri® Eyes Free
- Android Auto™/Apple Carplay™ Integration
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- Pandora® Compatibility
- Bluetooth® Streaming Audio
You’ll enjoy the indulgent comfort of a 10-way power driver’s seat, 3-level heated front seats, and dual-zone automatic climate control.
Better yet, the following advanced safety features come fitted as standard:
- Multi-View Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation System
The A-Spec is all about bold styling, so expect a more daring exterior courtesy of:
- 19-inch Shark Gray Split Five-Spoke Wheels
- Front Bumper with Lower Air Intakes
- Round LED Fog Lights
- Dark Chrome Grille and Exterior Trim
- Black Window Trim
- Round Dual Exhaust Outlets
- Gloss Black Rear Spoiler
- Dark Chrome Taillight Details
- A-Spec Badge on Front Fenders and Rear Decklid
Sport-inspired style carries over to the interior with:
- Black Alcantra/Red Leather Seating with Contrast Stitching and Piping
- Driver’s 12-Way Power Seat with Power Lumbar Support and Power Thigh Extension
- Metallic Finish Trim
- Metallic Finish Footrest Pad
- Black Headliner
- A-Spec Badge on Steering Wheel and Door Sill Garnish
Further highlights include a Head-Up Warning (HUW), 6-level heated and ventilated front seats, and a handy wireless charger.
The Advance Package fits a few exterior upgrades of its own, including:
- Gloss Black Rear Spoiler
- Trapezoid LED Fog Lights
- LED Puddle Lights
- Power Folding Side Mirrors
Like the A-Spec, a wireless charger and 6-level heated and ventilated front seats are fitted as standard. Further features include:
- Heat Element Windshield De-Icer
- Heated Steering Wheel
- 3-Level Heated Outboard Rear Seats
- Auto-Dimming Side Mirrors
- Remote Engine Start with Vehicle Feedback
- Rear Doors Smart Key Entry
- Surround View Camera System
Standing confidently on 19-inch Split Five-Spoke Pewter & Machine-finished Wheels (V6 only), interior features
- Perforated Milano Premium Leather-Trimmed Interior with Contrast Stitching and Piping (V6)
- Driver’s Seat Power Thigh Extension (V6)
- Rocker Panel Extension with Chrome Trim (V6)
However, the Technology Packages lives up to its name by mainly focusing on top-tier amenities.
- Acura Navigation System with 3D View
- HD Traffic with Exclusive Street & Freeway Conditions
- AcuraLink The Next Generation
- ELS Studio Premium Audio System with 10-Speakers
- HD Radio
- Song By Voice
- Traffic Rerouting
- Blind Spot Information System
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
Let Acura Professionals Help Identify Your Perfect Model Among All Acura TLX Configurations
Critics at Edmunds.com note that the new Acura TLX is “still a smart choice if you seek a lot of value from a luxury sedan”, and that’s true whether you choose a surprisingly well-fitted Standard model or an expectation-defying package. To find out more or explore current special offers, visit your nearest Kansas City showroom today.
*Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.