2020 Acura ILX vs. 2020 Honda Accord
Many drivers are reticent to compare Acura ILX vs. Honda Accord, reasoning that stepping up to a luxury sedan like the Acura is out of their financial reach. However, match the 2020 Acura ILX Premium Package (priced at $27,750*) against the 2020 Honda Accord EX CVT ($27,920) and you’ll find the difference between a decently-equipped Accord and an Acura ILX isn’t so great.
Here’s a quick look at what you’ll get by upgrading from the Honda Accord to the Acura ILX:
- Next Level Performance
- Luxury Interior Features
Next Level Performance
Drivers all across the United States turn to the Acura lineup to combine first-rate appointments and features with a thrilling drive, so you’ll naturally expect the Acura ILX Premium Package to outpace the Honda Accord EX CVT when it comes to power.
Here’s how engine specs break down:
- Acura ILX: A 2.4L four-cylinder delivers up to 201 hp.
- Honda Accord: A 1.5L four-cylinder delivers up to 192 hp.
You could be taking off from traffic lights in the center of town or accelerating into the fast lane on the highway and always feel more in command of your drive behind the wheel of an Acura ILX. You’ll also appreciate having Paddle Shifters for quick and direct shifting – unfortunately, you won’t find Paddle Shifters available with the Honda Accord.
Luxury Interior Features
It isn’t just in terms of power that the Acura ILX Premium Package distances itself from the Honda Accord EX CVT. Only the Acura fits Leather-Trimmed seats for executive styling and an indulgent sense of comfort. Further comfort features only available with the Acura ILX include:
- Driver’s Seat Memory Adjustment
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- 4-Way Power Passenger Seat
The Acura ILX Premium Package also provides several pieces of technology not found in the Honda Accord EX CVT, including:
- Voice Activated Controls for Audio and Bluetooth® Wireless Enabled Devices
- Universal Garage Door Opener
The Acura ILX Makes an Ideal First Step into a Luxury Way of Life
Edmunds.com praises the Acura ILX’s “mission of offering a luxury badge with lots of standard equipment at a bargain price”, and you can find the latest model at your local Kansas City Acura dealer. Whether you want to talk through trim level options or hear about current offers, don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
* Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license or destination and handling charge. Destination & Handling charge for sedans (excluding PMC Edition) and SUVs (excluding PMC Edition) is $1,025.00. Destination & Handling charge for PMC Edition models and NSX is $1,995.00. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.