2020 Acura ILX vs. Honda Civic
Compare Acura ILX vs. Honda Civic and you’ll find it easier than you might expect to enter the luxury sedan class. Both are compact models, but the 2020 Acura ILX Premium Package brings a touch more power and a few luxury features you won’t find with the 2020 Honda Civic Sedan Touring CVT.
Read on to compare them on:
- Power and Performance
- Interior Features
- Warranty Coverage
Power and Performance
The Acura ILX and Honda Civic Sedan are both defined by their outstanding performance, but the Acura still goes a little further when you turn to engine specs.
- Acura ILX Engine: A 2.4L i-VTEC® I4 makes up to 201 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque
- Honda Civic Sedan Engine: A 1.5L I4 makes up to 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque.
The Acura ILX is also a touch easier to maneuver in cramped or crowded environments thanks to a 36.8 foot turning diameter vs. 37.4 feet with the Honda Civic Sedan.
As you might expect, first-class comfort is an appealing reason for upgrading to the luxury sedan class. The Acura ILX Premium Package doesn’t disappoint – here are just a few of its comfort features that you won’t find in the Honda Civic Sedan Touring CVT:
- 2-Position Memory for the Driver’s Seat
- Power Adjustable Driver’s Seat with Power Lumbar Support
- Noise/Sound Cancellation
You’ll get the peace of mind that comes with Roadside Assistance regardless of your chosen model, and both the Acura ILX and Honda Civic boast an exceptional reputation for reliability. That said, the Acura does offer slightly stronger warranty coverage.
- Basic Warranty: 48 months or 50,000 miles with the Acura ILX vs. 36 months and 36,000 miles with the Honda Civic Sedan.
- Powertrain Warranty: 72 months or 70,000 miles with the Acura ILX vs. 60 months and 60,000 miles with the Honda Civic Sedan.
Take the Acura ILX for a Test Drive to Experience the True Difference of a Luxury Nameplate
As summed up by the team at Car and Driver, “the 2020 Acura ILX is a well-built and nicely priced alternative to more expensive subcompact rivals.” To check it out yourself alongside tempting special offers, simply visit your nearest Kansas City Acura showroom. For information on anything from ILX configurations to ILX colors, don’t hesitate to contact us directly.