2020 Acura MDX vs. 2020 Honda Pilot
Plenty of drivers trying to choose between a standard 3-row SUV and a luxury model end up comparing 2020 Acura MDX vs. 2020 Honda Pilot, so we decided to compare them on your behalf. Read on to explore:
- Starting Prices
- Power and Efficiency
- Interior Space and Features
Most drivers naturally begin with starting prices when comparing two models, so we’ve put together an overview of entry-level and top-tier Acura MDX and Honda Pilot options.
Entry-level models include:
- Honda Pilot LX 2WD: Priced at $31,650 MSRP
- Acura MDX Standard: Priced at $44,500 MSRP*
Top-tier models include:
- Honda Pilot Black Edition: Priced at $49,720 MSRP
- Acura MDX Entertainment Package with Advance Package: Priced at $60,250 MSRP*
Those looking to save might value the Honda Pilot, but the Acura MDX does offer more for the money.
Power and Efficiency
You’ll find a V6 engine fitted as standard in both models, but the Acura engine commands more power:
- Honda Pilot: Makes up to 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque.
- Acura MDX: Makes up to 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque.
Maximum MPG ratings include:
- Honda Pilot: Up to an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway with 2WD 9-speed automatic trims.
- Acura MDX: Up to an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway with FWD trims**.
However, the Acura MDX is the only model of the two available with a hybrid powertrain. It makes up to an EPA-estimated 26 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway**.
Interior Space and Features
As 3-row SUVs, the Honda Pilot and Acura MDX are both top choices for growing families, especially those who enjoy leading active lifestyles. Here’s how interior dimensions compare between them:
- Maximum Cargo Volume: Up to 90.9 cubic feet in the Acura MDX vs. 83.9 cubic feet in the Honda Pilot.
- Maximum Passenger Volume: Up to 132.7 cubic feet in the Acura MDX vs. 152.9 cubic feet in the Honda Pilot.
Compare Acura MDX standard features against Honda Pilot standard features and you’ll find only the former selection including:
- Leather Trimmed Seats
- Power Driver Seat
- Front Heated Seats
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Power Moonroof
- Power Liftgate
Take a Closer Look at the Acura MDX by Visiting Your Local Acura Showroom
Whether you want to hear about current specials or explore the Acura MDX interior, the team at your nearest Kansas City Acura dealer can help. Simply contact us today for any further advice or assistance.
*Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license or destination and handling charge. Destination & Handling charge for sedans (excluding PMC Edition) and SUVs (excluding PMC Edition) is $1,025.00. Destination & Handling charge for PMC Edition models and NSX is $1,995.00. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.
**Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.