2020 Acura TLX Specs Speak to Your Inner Driving Enthusias
Acura TLX Fuel Economy
Despite its astonishing turn of speed and commanding cruising power, the Acura TLX manages to deliver impressive efficiency scores by artfully refining power through one of two transmission systems:
- 8-speed DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission): Standard with 4-cylinder models, 8-speed DCT comes with a torque converter and Sequential SportShift Paddle Shifters
- 9-Speed Automatic Transmission: Fitted with V6 models, 9-speed automatic comes with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters
MPG ratings come in at:
- Up to an EPA-estimated 23 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway with 2.4L 4-Cylinder and P-AWS*.
- Up to an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway with V6 and P-AWS*.
- Up to an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway with V6 and SH-AWD*.
- High-End Suspension: 4-wheel independent MacPherson strut front and multi-link rear suspension systems feature Amplitude Reactive Dampers to absorb road irregularities and control body movements.
- Integrated Dynamics System: Adapt drive characteristics around your mood by cycling between Economy, Normal, Sport, and Sport+ drive modes.
- Agile Handling Assist®: Maintains your intended line through curves by utilizing active braking technology.
- Performance Braking: Ventilated front discs measure 12.6” in diameter while solid rear discs are 12.2”. Short pedal travel satisfies the driving purist.
Your ride also benefits from a suite of active safety features that work ceaselessly to ensure full control is maintained. Features include:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Acura TLX Horsepower and Torque
Acura vehicles have developed a reputation for combining an engaging ride with luxury appointments. The Acura TLX builds on that reputation by harnessing white-knuckle power from one of two engines:
- 2.4L 16-Valve Inline-4: Comes as standard for up to 206 hp and 182 lb-ft of torque
- 3.5L 24-Valve V6: Available to command up to 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque.
You’ll also be able to choose between the fine-tuned performance of Acura TLX all wheel steering and Acura TLX SH-AWD:
- Precision All-Wheel Steer™ (P-AWS®): Standard with 4-cylinder and V6 models, P-AWS is the world’s first production all-wheel steer system able to adjust rear wheel toe angles independently. Expect phenomenal maneuverability, control, and stability
- Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®): Available with V6 models, SH-AWD intelligently distributes power between all four wheels. Like traditional AWD, it provides flawless traction through adverse weather and uneven terrain, but it also delivers high-performance dry-road handling. Kelley Blue Book named it one of their favorite features.
For drivers who place a premium on bold, sporty style, the A-Spec Package’s performance-inspired exterior accents will appeal:
- 19-Inch Shark Gray Split Five-Spoke Wheels
- Front Bumper with Lower Air Intakes
- Dark Chrome Grille and Exterior Trim
- Black Window Trim
- Round Dual Exhaust Outlets
- Gloss Black Rear Spoiler
- Dark Chrome Taillight Details
- A-Spec Badging on the Front Fenders and Rear Decklid
Exhilarating style is carried over to the interior through the following features and fittings:
- Black Alcantara or Red Leather Seating with Contrast Stitching and Piping
- Red-on-Black Gauges
- Black Headliner
- A-Spec Badging on the Steering Wheel and Door Sill Garnish
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.